Wednesday, September 19, 2018


I am vapor.
I am here again, gone again, and here again
Before you can see me
Before you can realize I was ever here at all
I am mist.
Sometimes I lay there and am admired for bringing that little extra layer
And sometimes I am cursed because I make it hard to see through me
Or to see the way through
I am tears
Here again, gone again, and here again
Noticed but soon wiped away and forgotten
But I am light too
When I am on,
I am ON and bright and fill life with color
I am needed and necessary
I can wipe away the dark like a stain on the wall
But sometimes I don’t get rest
I’m left on and used. Like shoes. Like that scarf you use for a season and then discard for another 9 months
I flicker and fade and you replace the bulbs while not noticing broken filament
While neglecting what’s real. While forgetting I was ever here at all in an original form
I am a dream
Imagined in a way that fulfills the needs
Only to realize when you catch her, you have to work to keep her.


No comments:

Post a Comment