Thursday, September 6, 2018

Oceans Rise


Sitting at night staring at the ceiling
Wondering my next steps
Wondering my next destination
I trusted and gave my heart away
It was returned tattered and torn
I stitch it together in tears that keep falling on the flesh
I can only hope that it beats stronger when it heals
I’m so tired. Exhaustion sets in. I stare around at blank walls and new empty spaces
That I find myself in
I take deep breaths in but the walls of my empty chest ache
I try to climb up out of the hole I’m in, my arms and legs are broken in places that
Can’t be seen.
Still I pull up. Still I can see above the ledge. Still I stagger away.
All the time moving. All the time lifting one foot and then the other.
All the time keeping my eyes locked forward, afraid to look back, afraid to be a pillar of salt
There on the floor.
Tears fall to oceans all while I’m building the raft from broken promises and dreams.
I lay up and look at the stars as I drift there out to sea.
The sun rises and sets. The sky streaks purple and gold. The breeze has the faint aroma of rain soon to come.
They said I could be anything. This means I can be without you. This means I can move on. This means someday the waters will subside and I will be able to walk away, and rise again.

No comments:

Post a Comment